Thursday, June 22, 2006

I'll take Places, Alex, for $2000

(Friday update: Oh, my gosh. Turns out I am smart enough to figure out how to scale the html code to appropriately size the images! Watchout, blogworld...)

I've often wondered, or suspected, if something like this was out there. Today, I serendipitously found it while responding to a comment on one of my flickr photos. How lucky! My mind sees the world (outside of memory context) in this way, and while passports and lists are great for identifying visited places, this works best for my primitive thought process. Now I can start planning, from a clear mental image, where my next adventures should be.



create your own visited states map



create your own visited countries map

3 comments:

jkirlin said...

1. This is now the Blog Equivalent of those things on RVs where you fill in the map with the colored stickers

2. Why do I suspect that something BAD went down in those red countries? Hmmm. Something very bad.

Kristi Robison said...

1. I actually have stickers like those on some storage boxes! What a geek.

2. I was thinking that it more looked like a red-state takeoever. Ouch. Maybe a more neutral color would be better...not yellow (cowardice?), not blue or red, not black (disease?)...they should be GREEN.

jkirlin said...

*whew* That formatting thing was making me crazy and would have lasted until you filled this page with images and moved it off. So...like..a WHOLE WEEK!