Friday, August 03, 2007

Turk, Linde, & Fancy (in that order....)

I initially planned a quick (1.5) day visit to Gary's place in WY after my work commitment, prior to a work-related picnic on Saturday, and then to do some camping and hiking afterward. In my time visiting Hyattville, though, I had such a good time, I was reluctant to leave - for one thing, I hadn't been able to visit with Gary other than a few emails and phone calls since around late 2004 - and for another thing, because we had not yet had time to go horseback riding. So, we ended up working a deal - I offered my completely inexperienced, tenderfoot labor / assistance services on a part-time-ish basis in exchange for a little more R&R time at the Hyattville hacienda. This seemed to work in well with "if you were going to be here tomorrow, we could take the horses out......" and flash! - plans were afoot. So, anticipating great adventure, this was my first meeting of the Horses that Would Eventually Be Ridden. yay! You can tell from this photo they're equally excited about the prospect of toting around a tenderfoot who doesn't know how loosely to hold the reins.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: