Friday, August 03, 2007

Medicine Lodge State Park, WY

Pictograph....
Petroglyph....
and recreation!!

On my first day in Hyattville, Gary showed me around town, introduced me to several neighbors, helped me explore the local cafes and the one bar, guided me around the ranch, took me fishing, and showed me around Medicine Lodge State Park. Besides the pictographs and petroglyphs, there is an outstanding fishing perch nestled on the side of Medicine Lodge Creek, with a detailed panelboard describing some of the various favorite nibbles for the fish. This was prior to our fishing effort, so I read through the panel indicating which types of nymphs are preferred by which fish - when I realized, at the bottom of the panel, that it was dedicated to Walt & Dorothy W. - Gary's parents! So, I was able to explore town with a bona-fide legacy heritage son in Gary, here pictured next to the observation deck / fishing platform / information panel.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this place. I spent 3 very short days camping along the banks of the Medicine Lodge creek, and I cannot wait to go back. I am going to learn to fly fish in some of the trout streams around my hometown of Milwaukee, just so I can really soak up the experiencence when I return this summer. This trip, I am staying for 2 weeks.