Friday, August 03, 2007

Mmm...muddy!


Now let's say you're a rental car company. Let's say you're in the incredibly picturesque state of Wyoming, where the men are Men and the women are equally tough, and the best driving is on roads yet to be (and hopefully never to be) paved. Let's say that your stock of vehicles is all-wheel-drive Subaru outback little station wagons, and that you charge a fee of $50 if they are returned "excessively dirty". Seeing here that I had about a quarter inch of clearance between the caked up clay on the tire and the wheel well (that I had to create using a stick), and that I had to use the 4 wheel drive function in first gear to get out of not one, but three mud-sticles, I'm worried that I might see that $50 fee crop up on my bill. Of course the nice folks at the rental car company don't start their day before my flight leaves, so I'll have to wait and see when that hits my credit card account....because I'm sure not going to call them up and ask, "hey, that little grey car, with the bottom third covered in red? was it returned clean enough for you?" Any takers on the chance that I won't be seeing that convenient little charge? (Of course they're going to nail everyone with that charge who does anything more than drive from an airport to a KFC in their rental car when it rains in Wyoming in July, multiple times - that's like a miracle event!!). Just in case, I've got a few pre-emtpive names in my back pocket on standby.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: