Wednesday, April 12, 2006

This is the patch of ground behind the neighbor's garage that backs up against the east side of my back yard. It's about 4 feet by 20 feet. I hoed it all up a few weeks ago, and noticed some baby potato and carrot plants. Maybe this was a vegetable patch in the past, but with all the rabbit activity in the yard, I'm not sure how much it really yeilded. So, when I hoed it up, I sprinkled three bagfulls of wildflower seeds in and watered them down. Right now I'm calling this my experimental patch, and will wait to see what comes up. There are a few sprouts here and there, but today has been super windy, so there is a lot of debris over the area. Regarding the bags of wildflower seeds - each was rated for NW Ohio, so they should be suited to grow here. And each bag contained approximately 10,000 seeds. We'll wait to see what the experimental patch of 30,000 wildflower seeds yields, if anything. I have low expectations. Posted by Picasa

No comments: