Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Preparation, Packing, and......Procrastination

I am a certifiable Master Procrastinator when it comes to certain things.  Anymore, packing is one of those things.  So, true to form, I am putting that off until the evening hours.  Today, I had more productive things to do:  breakfast with a friend, a few more errands, and lunch with my soon-to-be landlord, who I'll refer to as Mr. G.  Mr G and his wife live here in Houston year round, while Mr G manages his ranch in Wyoming.  Since I'll be driving my 4Runner and pulling a small 4 x 8 trailer, I've offered to carry a few things along for the haul that Mr G would like to have at the Wyoming house.  So, we met for lunch and bbq, collaborated on driving directions, and exchanged a few boxes.  I now have an updated route that I'll plan to drive, which should save me some city traffic frustrations.

One of my stops today included REI, the outdoor outfitters.  Most everything I have is already in storage that I can't access - it's an "all or none" thing.  So, over the last few days I've picked up a few things I'll need in Wyoming - since first snowfall is expected tomorrow night!  The problem is I have a very hard time buying winter gear in 85 degree Houston weather.  But, getting it there will prove to be a little more difficult - just because the availability where I'm going will be limited to what's on offer at Ace Hardware!!.

Instead, I've opted for the "getting started" kit - weatherproof activity pants, insulated snow boots, and wool socks.  I have a jacket and a few fleece items, so I'll be good.  For a while.

Here is my dog Djinni (pronounced Genie) inspecting my latest gear:


Now, I'm worn out from running around.  If you'll excuse me, I'm going to eat some ice cream, take a nap, and really pack this evening!!!

And I'm not even going to worry that the only cafe in the town I'm heading to is closing at the end of October......o_o.....

No comments: