Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Finicky Fall Day

Lessons learned in cowboy country:

  • You'll find tissues in all of your pockets eventually. Besides being useful for your nose, you'll find yourself using them for your face, hands, and as ad-hoc napkins.  Oh...my....god....I have turned into my mother!
  • If there is rain in the forecast, bring along an extra layer or two.  It would not be unusual for a 20+ degree temperature drop. 
  • Don't squat with your spurs on.
The middle portion of this week is dedicated to running a few errands in nearby towns.  Yesterday (Tuesday) was partially cloudy all day with a few showers - it got up to 70 and dropped to 55 pretty quickly.  The rest of the week the highs are in the upper 50s with lows in the lower 30s, and believe it or not, it is comfy enough in the pre-dawn hours to walk with my dog - without a jacket.  Note I said "with my dog" there - she's been doing great off leash, which is about 80% of the time we walk.  I carry the leash with me in  the event we encounter cows or horses or something that might be lunge-worthy, but so far, she has been very adept at her adoption of Wyoming.  

Now, off to Sheridan to look at 4WDs...!

No comments: