Monday, October 29, 2012

Dogs and Pheasants and Cows, Oh, My!

For a few days, I'm feeding the calves at the ranch, until the new ranch hand arrives.  I love this little task - there aren't very many, and they are fed hay, so it doesn't take long to break down the 3 bales required for their morning and afternoon feedings.  These calves are truly beautiful.  Today, I brought my dog along, and it seems both she and the calves enjoyed the introduction.  

 Also, hunting season is coming to a close, but I haven't seen many hunters in the last week or so.  I think they come in one big wave right after opening day.  At any rate, there were so many pheasants at the ranch today that you'd be hard pressed to throw a rock and not hit one.  They move pretty fast, though, so the only one I was lucky to shoot a snapshot of was crossing the road - and taking his sweet time to do it.  I may have to wean myself from taking photos with the phone, despite its ease, because the quality is just too poor for blogging.  But, I do what I can.



No comments: