Sunday, November 11, 2012

A little snow, some cows, good company = awesome Sunday!

So, the snow added a level of interestingness to this weekend's visit by the vet, Dr. Dan Miller, for the 90+ cows that were trailered down from the mountain last week.  Doc Miller had to deal with a rougue bull last week in Worland that just waltzed into a basement, and then became angry about being in there!! More details in this article and on YouTube, so I'm including that link here too. 

On Saturday, we ended up getting between 8 and 10 inches of snow. The temp when I left for the ranch this morning was 0.7!! My layers treated me well, though. Besides Mr D, Dr Miller, his helper Marilyn, and me,  Carl and Bret came to help as well. The calves were vaccinated and the cows were pregnancy tested.  Mr D separated out a few cows to go to auction later this week.  The calves are mostly still corralled, and the others were re-released into pasture down toward the lease place.

Of course, the fun at the ranch was followed by an afternoon of play outside with my dog!  And now for the pics.  Here is little calf 27.  She runs toward me - probably because I am one of the people who has fed her!



A good way to keep warm on a cold day:  head-butting! 


The snow was dry, diamond-like and crystallized. 
 
 Finally, my dog.  One thing that she just hates to do is to face the camera when I'm holding it.... 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: