Saturday, April 19, 2008

Whaa......Spring??

While I'm still hesitant to put the coats and jackets away, I have finally moved the snow shovel from the deck back into the garage. I was so eager for spring this year I started growing some things indoors. My favorite: the tulips!!


And, it seems this week everything in NW Ohio not only enjoyed good weather (one day getting up to 77!), but also began vigorously sprouting and blooming. Which means I am spending more time outdoors.....

This shot is of my tulip tree. It's like a naked magnolia, except the flowers are a little less sturdy than regular southern magnolias, and a little less fragrant, but not by much. There are a few trees like this in the neighborhood, and at first glance, I can't help but think that someone's tree has recently been tp'd. Albeit creatively.

I've got a scattering of daffodils in the front, back, and side yards...

And new this year, two forsythia bushes.

No comments: