Saturday, April 19, 2008

Animistic Fun!

I don't want to be one of those folks who sends 2 dozen photos of all their kids' or pets' antics to everyone in their email list (a few is fine, thanks friends!) - so instead, I'm going to load some recent pet photos here. I've mentioned before that Djiini (pron.: Genie) just hates to be photographed face-on. She's really camera shy - I've tried several times to get a good facial or close-up shot. I've been very unsuccessful. But, I was recently able to capture her in one of her more odd positions: sitting on the back deck, monitoring the yard for squirrels. (That's the old bbq in the background.)
And, on one other occasion, I was able to bribe her into a face shot with the carrot of "wanna go for a WALK?" Of course, this only worked once, and in a low-light situation, I wasn't able to get a crisp shot. So, this will have to do.

Now, with Kathman(du), I've got no problem getting portrait-style shots out of him. He looks directly at me, even in low light requiring long exposures (and by nature, stillness). He is a zen-cat. Here, he's peering down from his perch atop the bookcase:

...and, still on the bookcase, not at all perturbed by my many photo attempts, here he is at eye level: perched, but not really ready to pounce.

No comments: