Saturday, July 22, 2006

Photo Tuesday post: CARS!

I just stumbled on a new photo site, Tuesday's Photos. I know, it's Saturday.....but the theme for the last Tuesday submittal was "Cars", so I couldn't help myself but to join in. I dug out an old scan of one of my greatest loves - my 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 XL, aka, the Green Beast, may she rest in peace. This photo is from around 1996 or so, taken on the Sabine Street bridge just west of downtown Houston. Things that don't look the same anymore: the skyline (pre-Enron new builds), the bridge (has undergone 'gentrification and beautification'), and me (I've evolved). But it's a favorite old photo, even if poor in quality and degraded even further by scanning on what was a great scanner in the mid-90s. (Also no longer with me.)

1 comment:

jkirlin said...

That is a sweet shot.