Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Aww, Kryptonite!!

Well, jkirlin, I tried my best, but just couldn't do it. I brought my heaviweight Minolta and my handy pocket Sony along with me on a weekend trip to a city - for a mind-feed visit to art galleries, ecclectic shops, in search of live music, and general exploration. I had every intent to shot hoardes of "city shots" - and had no shortage of materials. But, I felt so......conspicuous shooting landscapes with people in them, so for the most part, the cameras stayed in the backpack. I did manage to find this shot, though - complete with people - sort of. This is a shot of one of many mural parodies in the Short North arts district, just north of downtown Columbus, OH. I'll have to make another trip to photo the others - especially the Mona Lisa parody for Patricia! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

jkirlin said...

I never knew Grant Wood painted houses.

What could you not do? Take photos of people? Not live THROUGH your camera? :)

I'd say ya did good. :)

Anonymous said...

I too have an affinity for the outdoors. Many of my pictures lack bodies. Coincidence or genetics? I am not sure as I am related to you. Your hike at the canyon put you about 3.5 hours from my home. You know who I am now.I just thought I would let you know I check this out every once in while and enjoy it.

Kristi Robison said...

kewl, Dave!!! Thanks for checking out the images and commenting!! many smiles -
KLR