Saturday, September 02, 2006

Casablanca to Mecknes

















My first 2 nights in Morocco were in Casablanca, not one of my favorite stops. The first day I was pretty useless arriving late in the day after traveling from the US. The taxi driver from the airport, though, was very happy to point out and even pull over to highlight interesting sights on the 40km drive into the city. He noticed I had a camera, so I obliged and took a lot of shots. Unfortunately, they're not that good - and the subject matter was not heart-stopping. But this one I thought was interesting, because of the Casablanca directional sign.

The second day I was equally useless, knocked down (but not out all the way) by a pretty hefty migraine. As soon as I was able, I took the train to Mecknes, in order to visit the Roman ruins of Volubolis the next day.

No comments: