Sunday, March 12, 2006

Last weekend I noticed some mud that looked suspiciously like a drain leak. Turns out it was. I had the plumber over while I was out of town; he was able to repair it without ripping it up and replacing it. Turns out they use ball and spigot type clay piping here, and at the joints, tree roots like to wiggle in for a drink. The plumber didn't think it had been snaked out for some time, he got feet worth of enmeshed roots. All's flowing well now, though. If I hadn't made a yard check on that side of the house I would never have known I had a leak. Kind of scary. Anyway, this is the west side of the house - the direction that storms come from - and it has no gutters. So the rain that runs off the roof just drops straight down, and splashes up along the stonework along the crawl space. I'm going to have that pressure washed when I have the gutters installed. The previous owners never cease to surprise me with some of the little things that they opted not to do (and some of the big things they did poorly).  Posted by Picasa

No comments: