Monday, October 10, 2005

Next....a few photos of Thailand.

To finish up my Nepal trip and trek, because it worked so well last time, I thought I would spend a few days on a beach in Thailand to do a complete and total mind-dump, catch up on some journal writing, catch up on some reading (knocked out 5 books on this trip), do some kayaking, moped around the island (this time without sliding backward down the tallest hill on Koh Samui and damaging a bike), check out a few temples, and have a few massages to unkink my recently rubberized / vulcanized legs. Basically, a nice relaxing time after trekking. In the next day or so I will post some snapshots around Koh Samui. I keep thinking about vacations where people take time off of work to do nothing. I cannot imagine anything like it. To me, time away from work is the only real wholesale time you get to live, so I try to cram as much living into vacation time as I can. I try to sleep on return flights. I hope expectations when I return to work for the first day are not outrageous. That is my rest time. There will always be the golden years later to relax. Although, a two hour massage in which you are rolled up like a little ball of dough and flattened out as with a rolling pin is a pretty nice way to relax!!!!

No comments: