Wednesday, July 25, 2007

On the Road Again......

Guess where I am!

I'll give you a hint.

Starts with "Wy".
Ends with "oming".

Even better: company paid travel! I have a meeting/presentation tomorrow.

Because of my complete inability to plan my personal life, I'm flying on lack of sleep, but that's OK. Because, after all, I'm in Wyoming. And, I'm taking a couple of days afterward to visit some friends who live around the area (lucky me) to maybe learn some fly fishing, horseback riding, picnicking, etc - if i can stand the heat. of course it showered today, thank god.

I've only ever been here in May and September - before and after the mad tourist season, so I'm not sure I could take tourists AND triple-digit heat. It feels hot here to me when it's 75. And normally, I get cold when the temp drops below 70. Must be an altitude thing (mile high). Dunno, don't care....in my element.

I was hoping to do some camping but I didn't pack last night, and overslept my alarm by 90 minutes, so literally threw some t-shirts and a pair of shorts and hopefully both pieces of a bikini into a backpack before speeding off for the 110 miles or so to Detroit to catch the first of my flights for the day, which of course, was late (thanks, Northworst and Un-United!!!).

I may still camp, but in a wholly new, unconventional, spontaneous way (car-camping, or: drive forest roads till you can't see anymore and crash for the night, figuratively). I'd be happy here sleeping on a rock.

Impressions after a summer rain (during a picnic dinner at Dead Indian Point):
sagebrush and juniper scented
skin-temperature breeze with ankle-high pockets of isolated, cool air
vertical horizon interruptions
eye candy
altitude
wide open spaces
big sky country
touch-the-clouds close to heaven
no unnatural noises
geology exposed
tectonics at play
p e a c e
first snapshot after too long an absence (over a whole year!)


End of the Road...beginning of a good place to start walking for a picnic

Mmmmmm............crusty!!!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: