Sunday, May 21, 2006

This weekend I did a little gardening work outside. One addition - well, two, actually - are the Red Velvet Trailing Verbena along the front steps. Each of the buds is a clump of tons of small flowers. They're not really fragrant but they add such a visual punch to the front of the house. I'm starting to plan some work for the back yard now, considering some undulating landscaping along the path of the sidewalk so I don't have to continue mowing around the landscape lights. And so it doesn't look so much like a runway. But, today, my neighbor, Julia, helped spread some mulch and water some plants. Most days I can find her lazing on the front porch swing. In the "out of the mouths of babes" category, she told me today that if I "ever find a husband and make babies", she would love to babysit for me when I go to work. She's looking forward to July when my neice Casey and nephew Kyle visit, both of whom are slightly younger. Is it just me, or is her comfort level on that swing as though she owns the place!?!? Posted by Picasa

No comments: